Janette Toral sharing her tourist experience in Australia.

Sunday 16 November 2008

Moving to a new home

(I will definitely miss this backyard where I usually find snails crossing)

When my partner moved to Australia last year, he became a full-fledged online shopper. Some of the furniture we have at home were purchased through eBay, garage sale, rentals, and the like. That worked well for us because he is a frugal shopper eager to get the best deal he can find.

On the other hand, when my brother-in-law moved in the country to work, his shopping style was quite different and availed a lot of stuff through stores like Radio Rental. I guess he was partly in a hurry and wants everything settled within a month.

On the 1st quarter of 2009, we will be moving to a new place as the owner of the house we are living in now shall be selling their property soon. It is also a good opportunity to check out new home furnishings and decor for that purpose especially bedroom related stuff. I'm actually a bedroom person and usually get hit by ideas while resting. My standard on how beds should be has increased through the years and my partner tends to get agitated when I insist for the more expensive stuff. Comfort has its price as what they say. The most memorable spots kept in my travel memories are those with the best beds, mattress, and pillows. LOL!

So more eBay for us and actual at-the-store shopping this next two months.
blog comments powered by Disqus