Janette Toral sharing her tourist experience in Australia.

Friday 21 March 2008

Immigration to Australia by Skilled Workers

Since my partner started working in Australia, I often get asked a lot of questions as to how we went through it. Basically, he was recruited and went through an agency. In my opinion, I always think it is best for anyone who wants to work in Australia to go through such a process.

What makes Australia better compared to other countries like Canada is that professionals have a chance to practice their profession here.

The agency that helped my partner and brother-in-law to process their papers is ABC Global. If there are others worth mentioning, let me know and will add here. However, please make sure you are mentioning them based on your experience.

Employer sponsored workers usually get any of the following visa:
Non-employer sponsored can still apply on their own provided they meet the requirements stated in the skilled categories.

Skilled Worker Permanent Visa
Once here, both the employer and employee can take the next step of applying for a Skilled Worker Permanent Visa.

If you are based in areas like Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Melbourne, and Perth, your path to permanent residence is by filing the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856).

In our case, as we are based in regional or low population growth areas, our option is the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 119/857).

There are medical requirements that needs to be completed before an application can be lodged though.

To help you get adjusted as well, here are some interesting blog post to read: