Janette Toral sharing her tourist experience in Australia.

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Brisbane, Sydney, & Adelaide International Airport

Last night, I started traveling from Manila to Adelaide via Qantas Airways. This trip required me to stop over at Brisbane and Sydney International Airport before reaching my final destination.

I've decided to be a bit adventurous in my post and include photo & short video snippets as well.




I actually didn't know that my flight had a Brisbane stop over. But since it was less than 30 minutes, time flew quite fast. The Manila to Brisbane trip allowed me to watch two films on board, Doubt and The Day the Earth Stood Still (hope I got that right).

There was also this anchorage structure that caught my attention and got me inspired to do this blog post.



I was preparing myself for the stress that I might incur while in Sydney. The last trip I had with Qantas via Sydney required to me clear with immigration & customs, then re-check in again for the domestic flight. I got delayed then as a result and had to go via Canberra just to get home.


To my delight, upon arrival, my name was called & got asked to proceed at gate 30 where an Adelaide-Singapore flight is scheduled. Optus also has computer stations in the airport where one can use it for free.

I'm also used to Qantas planes to have central television units but the QF81 flight has individualized video viewing sets.



I always like clearing immigration & customs via Adelaide International airport as the number of travelers is less than chaotic. The staff, as a result, are less than harassed and more cordial.

It is also my first time to see the ePassport system where Australian and New Zealand passport holders have the option to process their immigration entry.
blog comments powered by Disqus