Janette Toral sharing her tourist experience in Australia.

Thursday 6 December 2007

Filipina in Australia

Last weekend, I just got back in Findon South Australia for a vacation with the family. It is a good thing that my year 11 kids are now on school break so I'm no longer home alone the whole day.

There are a few things that I brought back with me:
  1. Philippines Christmas Lantern - having this at home is like a substitute for a Christmas tree.
  2. Lucky Me Pancit Canton (extra spicy) - there's nothing quite like it and I'm sure anyone who got the chance to try it will certainly miss this variety.
  3. Several books to read and get techie. This includes:
My daughter, who is currently in year 11, just got her 2nd art commission and is truly pleased. To support her further, we got a one-year subscription so she can customize her art site. It is nice that she finds herself generating revenue from it after 3 years of being a site member.

So yeah, Christmas season in Findon, is definitely the opposite compared to Manila, Philippines. As long as I'm with my family, regardless of location, I'm home.

0 comments: