- There are 5.1 million active Internet users
- 62% or 3.2 million read blogs
- 55% in 2007 (June)
- 21% in 2006 (September)
- 24.6% or 1.3 million subscribed to an RSS feed.
- 29% or 1.38 million have started their own blogs
- 17.9% in 2007 (June)
- 18.3% in 2006 (September)
- 50.2% or 2.6 million created a profile on a new social network.
- 47.4% or 2.4 million uploaded photos in a photo sharing website.
- 28.2% or 1.5 million have uploaded videos on a video sharing website.
- 77% or 4 million watch video clips online.
- 57.5% in 2007 (June)
- 25.2% in 2006 (September)
- 40.2% or 2.1 million have downloaded a podcast
- 21.7% in 2007 (June)
- 14.4% in 2006 (September)
This I say knowing also that there are prominent social networking and blogging professionals / experts in Australia who get to speak in various conferences, here and abroad, promoting its use, adoption, and growth. Suddenly, it just all seems to be hype. Oh well..
Why is it low? Maybe I'll realize the answer soon enough.