Janette Toral sharing her tourist experience in Australia.

Friday 11 January 2008

A quiet birthday

Yesterday, I turned another year older and my first time to celebrate it outside of the Philippines. Thanks to the Internet, I got my round of birthday greetings from relatives, friends, and contacts in the Philippines using Facebook, Twitter, Friendster, Yahoo Messenger, Google GTalk, email, text messages, among others. Mike and Tonyo also blogged about it. Many thanks to all of you for remembering.

My birthday, as in the past few years, is usually celebrated by having a family dinner at home. Last night, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant near Adelaide. The food was not as great as I experienced last September. I think I'll be better off cooking next year.

The year 2008 will be interesting. I'll spending nearly 1 month alternately between Australia and the Philippines. My trip to the Philippines this month is something that I look forward to. In addition to taking care of the household and meet relatives, I'll be able to catch up with club members, peers, friends, do trainings, meet clients, and association peers.

I don't usually have a birthday wish. Although for this year, here is what I'm hoping to achieve (at the minimum):
  • For the blog ad network, have 100 active participating blogs.
  • For the writer's network, have 20 reliable freelancers.
  • Maintain 100 active club members.
  • Publish 1 to 3 books/e-books.
  • Study.
There are other aspirations that I can't publish at this time. However, if I achieve them, I'll likely blog about it.

9 comments:

Mike Abundo said...

Glad you had a happy birthday, Janette. :)

Anonymous said...

Maligayang bati sa inyong kaarawan!

Janette Toral said...

Many thanks again Mike and Tonyo. Your post indeed made it more special and prompted me to blog about my birthday for the first time.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday. May you achieve all your goals.

Colin Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Janette. I hope all your goals happen for you. Or at least you get some way towards them, which is what usually happens.

Anonymous said...

You guys (filipinos) are really everywhere in the world!

steverobbo said...

Happy Birthday. Thanks for the Entrecard advert.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great year Janette and you succeed in your goals.

Janette Toral said...

Hi everyone - thanks so much for the birthday greeting. I very much appreciate it!